Today is my half-birthday... which means that in 6 months, I will be turning the big TWO-FIVE. I cannot believe that the past quarter century has flown by so fast. There are a few things that I am excited about for the upcoming months that feel so right for me to be getting out of the way before my big birthday:
1. This November, I am finally, finally, applying to transfer after six years of community college. I have been taking my time figuring out what I want to do with my life, and I finally have narrowed things down. While I am not positive what I want to do for a career, I have narrowed down the paths and have decided to finally forge forward. I will be applying to SDSU, and several UCs.
2. November is a big month! I am also going to be flying to Amelia Island, Florida for the National Association Of Estate Planners & Councils’ annual conference - footed by the organization I work for! I feel so grown up to be attending a national conference in my job field, and to have a job that values me enough to send me! I think that this the first time I have really felt like I have a “grown up” job! I am so excited and grateful for this opportunity to learn from and meet the leaders in my field.
3. Next up - EUROPE! I can’t believe that this December I will actually be embarking on my very first trip to Europe (I’m leaving two months from yesterday!). I will be flying to Madrid, the heading to Barcelona, with a popover to Arles for Christmas, and then finally depart to Marrakesh before heading home.
There are a few things that are on my definitely-must-see list:
4. In addition to these goals already in the works, here is a list of five other things I want to do within the next 6 months:
1. Go on a road trip
2. Go camping
3. Try a new food
4. Read 6 new books (one/month)
5. And finally . . . Start my book (a historical fiction novel based on my grandfather's life)
I am so excited to see where the next quarter of a century takes me!
Until next time!